Our mission is to stop the waste of donatable items. About 26 billion pounds of clothing ends up in the trash every year. Items that could be donated are simply being thrown away. One in three people who don’t donate items say it’s because it’s easier to throw things away. GiveBack provides a solution. Unlike other apps, GiveBack allows for pick-ups. Donors schedule a pick-up of their donatable items and organizations process the donors request in a simple, efficient system. GiveBack increases donations by making the process of donating easier, stopping our world’s evergrowing waste.
Computer Glitz earned 10 points for their code checklist.
- We used strings
- Our team used strings to define mostly all of the information in our array lists.
- We used numbers
- We used numbers for the numbers in our array lists.
- We used variables
- We put our string into variables and to define our array lists and text fields
- We used lists
- We used arrays to store most of our information about transactions, donor record, and organization records.
- We used booleans
- We used booleans to see if the organizations are verified.
- We used conditionals
- Donor or organization at login determines which menu gets displayed.
Databases and Connectivity
- We used external db
- We store the array lists in a database.
- We used sound
- We used a sound for when the notification comes up.
- We used clock
- We used the clock to have the time displayed for pickup.
Pictures of the process
- Paper prototype
- Download the PDF
- Event flow chart