My Mini Museum
This exciting and educational app, made in cooperation with the Minneapolis Institute of Art, allows users take photo’s of artwork; write a summary about the artwork; and add this information to their virtual museum floor plan. The intent of this app is to promote cultural literacy and interest in the arts in younger generations. The app will motivate kids and young adults to recognize museums as a place to learn and have fun by allowing them to curate their own virtual museum.
Git With the Program earned 10 points for their code checklist.
- We used strings
- We used a string to display questions on top left screen, top right screen, bottom left screen, and bottom right screen.
- We used variables
- We used a variable to store the value of how many photos the user has filled in their museum
- We used booleans
- We used a boolean to enable buttons after the user places their photo.
- We used conditionals
- We used a conditional statement to determine where users place their art.
Databases and Connectivity
- We used local db
- We used a local database to store the images between screens.
- We used camera
- We used the camera feature to allow users to take photos of art within the app.
Pictures of the process
- Paper prototype
- Event flow chart
- Download the PDF