One Click Safety
One Click Safety is a student-developed app. Its idea is to make users feel and be safer with only one click. Our app includes three buttons. The first button starts a loud alarm that can only be switched off by entering their chosen passcode. The second sends the users location to the person’s emergency contacts with a pre-configured message telling them the user is in potential danger. The last button automatically takes a picture from both the back and front cameras and sends them to the user’s emergency contacts and saves the pictures on the user’s device.
Regional Pitch EventsVirtual judging teams do not upload presentation slides
L.A.S.H. earned 10 points for their code checklist.
- We used strings
- We used a string to set and let the user edit the emergency message.
- We used numbers
- We used a number to see if the password had four characters or not.
- We used variables
- We used a variable called contacts that included a list with the user´s emergency contacts.
- We used lists
- We stored the user´s emergency contacts in a list.
Databases and Connectivity
- We used local db
- We save the user´s emergency contacts here.
- We used sms phone
- We used text messaging to send the user´s emergency contacts an emergency message.
Pictures of the process
- Paper prototype
- Event flow chart